Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tysons Update - October 22, 2009


















Well hello Family,
This week has been another great week. We were able to go on some great exchanges with some elders on Monday. It was a spiritually powerful exchange. I have loved the opportunity to help other Elders come unto to Christ. The great part about that is as we try to bring others to Christ we come closer as well. Well we had our Interviews with Pres. Murray yesterday. It is pretty close to official - Pres. Murray told me that this will be my last transfer as a Z.L. So Last Monday was the last exchange that I will go on in this position. For me it is a pretty sad thing because I love helping other Elders so much that it will be weird to not do that anymore. I have truly loved the great experience that this position has given me. It’s amazing to me how much I have changed since I was put in this spot. I have learned so many important Christ like principles. Helping expand an Elder’s vision of who he is and what he can truly accomplish with Christ is something I will always hold dear. It’s an incredible thing to watch a missionary you have stewardship over have an aha moment. For example, this last exchange I had a fantastic talk with an Elder about consecration and what else he could give. It was so lead by the spirit that I was so extremely happy to just be a part of it. Last night that elder gave me a call and told me of the miraculous things that are happening in his life already. I am so grateful that this is the Lord’s work and not my own. There is no way that I would have been able to know what this elder needed on my own strength.
I will miss having that frequent opportunity with so many Elders. But my final assignment will be going with an elder that I can focus all of my energies on and we will just go to work. I hope I can still be an instrument in God’s hands for my last transfer. The great thing about God is that I know as long as I depend on him all things are possible and "Nothing is Impossible." I will truly miss Scranton. I have no idea of where I am heading next so we will see. I have made some very deep friendships up here and met some people that are strongly making their way toward Christ and his true church.
Love You all!
Love,
Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!