Friday, October 30, 2009

New pics of Tyson and Update 10/29/09


Tyson with Bruce (a man they are working with - left) and with Elder Stahlli.
I love his smile and glow!!















Hello family,

Last week I moved to my new area for the final six weeks. I am in the Lehighton area. It is a little weird because it is in the Reading zone so it is a area that I was Zone Leader over. The area was intensely disorganized so we spent the first couple of days just cleaning everything up and organizing everything so we could get to work. Spiritually and very much physically.

My Companion is Elder Santos, he is from the Philippines and is still trying to learn English. So communication has been a little bit of a barrier. Especially with trying to figure out who they were teaching before I got here. Needless to say it has been quite the project since I got here on Monday afternoon. But I think we have a lot of the loose ends tied up and we can get down to some serious work here in this area. It has been pretty funny the way that E. Santos introduces me to the members up here "hey this guy only has six weeks left." I was hoping to not let them know that too fast so I could build a trust with them but I guess they had to know eventually so E. Santos helped me out with that one :). Lehighton is just a small branch of about 30 people and it sounds like some families are planning on moving out as well. The Branch president of the area does not even live within the boundaries of the branch but is here on assignment. So needless to say we have some work ahead of us here, its fantastic! I'm glad to be organized now, it is a little bit easier to tell what i am doing so that really helps. Our address up here is 600 Franklin Ave. APT #17, Palmerton PA 18071.

I was sad to leave the great people that we were working with in Scranton but I know they were well on their way to coming unto Christ, so I am not to worried about them.

Well family that is all I have for you this week. Love you all

Love, Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!