Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tyson update - 9 more to go!

Well family, another week has past and it’s time for another email. This week has gone very well. I had the great chance this week to learn some very important lessons. We went on exchange with some elders on Monday and I love these opportunities to go with other elders. With the President telling that this is most likely my last transfer in this position, I have realized a serious feeling of urgency. We had the exchanges with the Assistants of the President on Tuesday and we were talking about all the things that our elders needed training on and how all of them need to make steps to commit a little bit more to Christ. All I could feel as we were discussing these things was that there is no time to wait to train all our elders down the road. The Lord’s work is too valuable to waste time and also the very salvation of those who God has trusted me with (including other elders) to wait. There is still a lot to accomplish and plenty of distance to go, but there is still not enough time. With the little time left in this transfer I pray that God will help to boost the desire in our elders and those that the elders are teaching. Isn’t it a great and wonderful thing to be overwhelmed! Why? Because it gives us the important opportunity to know Christ. I hope all people will feel overwhelmed so they can realize how much we all depend on God. Imagine if this life was just a breeze, no one would look up for help.

Well family I think that is all from me for today. I love you all and I hope you all feel God's love as well.

Love,
Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!