Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today's Email from our favorite Elder!

I cannot believe how fast time goes. It feels like I was at this computer just a day ago. I can’t believe that I am starting my 11th transfer already, when we only have 17 total. I have a new companion again. His name is Elder Chan, he is a great and funny guy. He is from Pocatello, Idaho. He has been out on his mission for about 3 months. We have already had some great talks about letting go of our old life and letting God mold us. He has a lot of potential, so hopefully I will help him reach his and he will help me reach mine as well. The area is doing great. We had a baptism last week, her name is Christa Augustine. She has been coming to church for about six weeks. She is just incredible, when we taught her the Plan of Salvation everything just clicked for her. She kept saying when we brought up something that was restored, "Man, I thought that was just my thought... I did not know that was actually true!" Especially when we taught her about the Pre-Earth life. Sorry I did not tell you about her baptism coming up but she had to quit smoking for at least a week before she could be baptized. So I did not want to jump the gun. We have been truly blessed by God (like always) and we are doing well here. District meeting was good, I gave some training on some teaching skills and also talked about knowing that "no effort is wasted" and to know that diligence is key, but also that we need to have patience as well. Not only with the work but with ourselves.

Love,
Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!