Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wisdom Revisited

“People consistently underestimate their own wisdom and its power to navigate their lives. Most of us have forgotten how to utilize that wisdom, but it is there, within, and waiting for us to turn our attention inward once again and listen." Tamara Androsoff

I believe that this may be true of wisdom, that we forget "how to" or forget "to" tap into where wisdom can speak. It is always in the quite and still moments. It is why I love reading the scriptures so much - time to just be with words that enliven. It is also why I love running through quiet streets - just me and my thoughts that fall into rhythm and then without really noticing at first I drop deeper into quite meditation while my body moves filling my lungs with fresh air and deep breaths.

Yesterday was a great day to meditate and to regain perspective and wisdom - only because I was willing to open the space for it.

It reminded me of a great clip I saw a couple of years ago on CNN. Francis Collins is a primary discoverer of the human genome map. In a felt need to "get away" a couple of amazing things happen. See the link posted on the right side if you would like to view it under clips worth watching.

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!