Saturday, November 21, 2009

Elder Andrus Update November 19, 2009. TWO WEEKS LEFT!

Well hello family.
Yet another week has passed and time quite has not felt to real lately. it is a weird mix of emotions. This past Saturday we were able to have a conference with Elder Russell M. Nelson on Saturday morning. It was an incredible experience. For those of you that do not know Elder Nelson is part of the quorum of the twelve Apostles. Just like Jesus Christ's Apostles of old like Peter or John. It was great to shake his hand and to receive direct instruction from him. The spiritual strength of that man will be something that I will always remember. He went through such a string of things it is hard to relay. I will have to show you guys when I get home. So hopefully you remember to ask me about and I will be happy to discuss the notes. His knowledge of ancient scripture just amazed me. He was so easily led by the spirit, he answered a lot of questions that the missionaries did not even voice. It was great to learn from direct revelation. He is truly a man called of God, there is no doubt in my mind of his divine calling to be one of the Lord’s Apostles. What a great thing it is to have the Lord’s church restored on the earth! We also had the opportunity to hear from him again at a Sunday Stake Conference. The funny thing about that was that he came to visit the Reading Stake. If I had not been recently moved here I would have not been able to see him twice. So I consider that quite the blessing. In that session he spent a lot of time focusing on the children and some serious parenting tips. It was great I was heavily reminded of Jesus Christ and his desire to bless the children. 3 Nephi. I was also able to see a lot of the people I served with in Reading 1st ward and Reading 2nd. After a couple weeks of straight knocking doors we finally have some people we can teach on a regular basis so that has been great. I kinda ran myself into the ground though I think. I got pretty sick on Tuesday night, but luckily we were able to get back out the door by Wednesday afternoon. I can still feel a little bit of the garbage inside of me but it is going away so that is good. Well family I love you so much. I hope all is well at home.
Love,
Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!