Monday, September 14, 2009

Tyon's Update - 12 more weeks!

September 10, 2009

Well Family how are you this week?

Things are going great up here in Scranton. I thought I was going to wait till I knew for sure, but I will just let you know right now. I talked to President about two days ago. He said, that the thought process that this will be my last area was a little wrong. It looks like I will have one more transfer up here in Scranton and then for my last six week I will be put somewhere else and that is all I know. I am not sure I will be in leadership or not, but I will go where the Lord wants me to go. I will be receiving a new Companion and his name is E. Claussen. He came out with me in the MTC so that will be an exciting thing. We have been great friends since the start of our missions. I am excited to tear it up with him as Zone Leaders up here. But of course since we are the same mission age, you could not leave us both up here for the last transfer and then have a double vacancy for Zone Leaders. That is a little too much for someone to handle. So I will leave for the last six weeks. Now of course for those of you that know me I don’t really like to talk about compliments I receive and put myself up, but president told me something that I feel I could share with you. He told me that I was one of the anchors of the mission. That was an interesting thing for me to hear because I don’t really think of myself as such but I thought you would be interested to hear that as well. I'm sure that most of you have already thought this but it just struck me that I only have twelve more emails left. That is a crazy thought. Well on the secular news...wow BYU beat Oklahoma that is incredible! I'm glad to hear the Utes won as well. Well family I love all of you dearly and I thank you for your support. One commitment I will leave with all of you is to pray we can find someone that is ready to receive the fullness of the gospel and act on it. Also I will leave all of you to teach someone that is not a member of the church and teach them a restored truth and identify that it as a unique teaching to our church. For example the depth of the Atonement of Christ (Mosiah 3:7, Alma 7:11-12).
Well family I love you
Love,
Elder Andrus

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!