Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tyson's letter this week. Love it!

Well Family This week has been pretty good.
This past Monday we had Zone Training and it was great. We had a lot of fun doing it and the missionaries are doing better than they have in a while. Transfers are coming up and I had the opportunity to talk to president and it looks like every single companionship in our zone is going to be changed. We will lose an elder out of each companionship to other Zones. So we will have a completely different Zone next transfer and a couple of our Elders are training so it will be a fun next transfer. Other than that things are pretty basic.

Well Russ Olsen asked me to send him my testimony so I copied it I will just put on this email as well:

I would love to write you my testimony. The funny thing is that last week I just had the opportunity to give a talk on missionary work. This is a huge opportunity to get your ward motivated man so don’t mess it up :). Something that has been weighing heavily on my mind was the fact that I think if you ask members what message we bring to the world the would probably tell you "the restoration". That answer is in part true but on the other hand that answer only scratches the surface of our message. Members need to ask themselves okay so we have the restoration but what exactly has been restored? The center of any message that we share should always refer to the Atonement of Christ, because without that nothing else truly matters. The true meaning of the atonement is what has been restored. I invite you to read Luke 22 and try reading that chapter without the knowledge that you have gained through this church. Once you have done that. Ask yourself why was he bleeding? Why did god send him an angel? What was the point of that whole thing? Without Gods truth most of Christianity is left up to speculation. Wow what a thing to miss out on!!! Now read Mosiah 3:7 and Alma 7:11-12. With the gospel being restored we know EXACTLY why Christ suffered to the point of bleeding from every pore. Through this church we know what the true nature of who god is! The fullness of the mission of Christ. The plan of Salvation. What greater truth could we carry to the world?! Only when you know your Creator and his plan for you can you start to connect with him. It’s hard to connect with something you don’t know. I invite all members who say, “I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet” to actually think about why they say that. Why is that important? Joseph Smith is not the object of praise but a stepping stone to truth. We need to remember that as a church. This church has our Heavenly Father Truth in its fullness. It shares the true mission and divinity of Christ. The atonement is Real. That’s the message we bring! His name is the name I bear and I testify of that in the name of our only true and living savior JESUS CHRIST AMEN.

I hope that helps. That is probably a little more than you wanted.
I love ya brother and I hope the marriage is going fantastico.
Love Elder Andrus

Well that’s about it for me this week I love ya guys

No comments:

Family Fun

Kelly Corrigan - We will Transcend! Must Watch!!